Wednesday, May 22, 2013

Shoes I Like

When my friends heard that I have a blog, they immediately assumed that I blog about shoes. I don't blame them; what's not to love! I guess I picked up a few things from my sister, who owns a zillion pairs.
But, really, my blog would be on the blank side. Shoes may tickle the hell out of my fancy, but let's face it, not the most promising topic of discussion. Lemme give it a shot anyway.
Let's see... I admire heels from afar but I'd wobble and fall flat on my face, rather ungracefully might I add. Hey, at 5'5" I'm still taller than most people anyway. Gladiator sandals are my best friend. Wedges, if I'm in a daring mood. I doubt I'll ever sport stilettos in this lifetime. These feet were made to be planted firmly to the ground!
Unfortunately, being the impulsive buyer that I am & having an eye for pretty things, a lethal combination, I still buy shoes that require less than 10 feet of walking. Reality is, like a really hot boyfriend, great joy is derived from having shoes that other women would kill for. Even if they're murdering your feet one toe at a time. (I don't care what anyone says, women are mistresses of poker faces!) You call it vanity, I call it being a woman. It's the little things that make life better. Sometimes those little things come in sky-high heels.
What I've never understood is women who insist on torturing themselves with heels they can hardly walk in. Honey, even in the sexiest of heels, you'll still look like a fool if you're limping awkardly & sticking out your ass to find balance. Sooo not worth the blisters!
So, I'm not exactly a Fashion Guru, but I can say that I can tell my elbow from my ass in that area. Plus, there are two ways of making me smile no matter what the situation; feeding me chocolate, & getting me a new pair of shoes. And they say women are complicated...huh!


No comments:

Post a Comment