Friday, February 14, 2014

Valentine's Day

The day of love is once more upon us...and has been topped off with lovely torrents. As much as I'd like to get all critical and sarcastic about how it seems like all Kenyans get an annual email demanding of them to incorporate red in their February 14th outfits, frankly I think it's kinda sweet that Nairobians go out on a limb to celebrate it through their wardrobe, even though it does tend to look like a tomato bomb exploded downtown. (Sorry, couldn't resist.)
I think the most ridiculous part of today was when I passed by a vendor selling flowers worth sh. 10,000. In this economy, if you get me those flowers, I'm kicking you to the curb, after which I'd mourn the 4 pairs of shoes I'd have much preferred to watching 10,000 shilling flowers wither and die. Just saying. I may be as hopelessly romantic as they get, but get real. Pluck some flowers & get me the damn shoes :)
I shudder to think of what next year's Valentine's will bring. Let's just say Emergency Rooms worldwide will have a rather busy night. (For those who fail to catch my drift, refer to the premiere of probably the kinkiest movie in the making. I'm thinking there will be a lot of experimentation. LOL)
Me? Seeing as I have no significant other to speak of as yet, I spent my day having my hair done and am currently at home spending some quality time with two unconditional loves of my life; Swiss chocolate & comedy. Yes, I'm that easy to please. So, hope you had someone put a smile on your face today.
Cheers!


No comments:

Post a Comment